13 October 2009

Un giorno nella vita di me

questa settimana-

i feel like my weeks are getting less and less interesting. but that doesn't mean i shouldn't share, right? :-D

I'm pretty sure i left off with last monday (a week ago from yesterday). I went to class as usual. We had painting at the ponte vecchio (because that's what we're painting), and then i went to lunch at gustapanino. afterwards i went back to apartment to study for my italian quiz and do my homework. so much fun. and then i went to italian and took my quiz (i got a 24/25). afterwards my friends and i went to dinner earlier than usual (before 7...that's so early right? haha) i ate tortellini and salad. it was really good. but i'm really sad to say that i haven't had gellato in 2 weeks. i'm too broke. how depressing :-(

Tuesday i went to class in the morning and my professor bored me once more with stuff that i've already learned, and then i got to go to my favorite class afterwards. Peter- my early renaissance art professor- is so much fun! we went to the Santa Maria Novella church and talked about who designed the facade. and then we wandered around the city while he rode his bike around. it was fun.

wednesday- painting at the ponte vecchio again. i attempted to be done with it, but my professor never thinks anything is good enough and told me i wasn't. so i guess i'm not done yet. oh well. then i had my first day of tourguiding- which i've already told you about because i couldn't wait to share :-D it was fun. i'm excited to go back again this week despite the fact that i have exams and papers to write.
that night my friend Sage and I went to the duomo for drinks and people watched. the tourists are dying down this time of year so the square isn't as crowded at night as it was when we first got here, but there are still a lot of interesting people out at night. not like dalton, ohio. or grove city. a little more eclectic.

thursday- class again. Peter didn't take us anywhere fun but he invited us to come with him and his canadian class from another university to Ravenna on saturday so some of my friends and i signed up to go. then i went back to my apartment and worked on my papers until my eyeballs felt like they were going to fall out of my head. i'm sick of staring at this computer screen. i wish i was looking at architecture or paintings instead- but our professors are mean and don't care. except peter who told us that he wouldn't give us a paper if it wasn't required of him because he'd much rather us go to a museum and be out exploring the city and learning that way than sitting inside writing about things we don't care about.

friday- i slept. yup. that's what i did. i get so much sleep here. it's really rather amazing. i'm going to die going back to grove city.
then i did more studying and papers--- disclaimer: it may seem like i talk about doing papers and studying a lot, but compared to the good ol' gcc this is nothing. so don't worry- i'm still giving Florence a good run for its money :-D
oh yeah- and it rained friday. a lot. and got cold. i've been really happy since it's still been in the 70s here while its getting cold back home (not to be mean or anything), but this week its going to be in the 60s!!!! how horrible. i wore long sleeves today. :-( i was sad.

Saturday- had to get up at 5:45AM to meet peter and his canadians to go to Ravenna. Which is beautiful. They have amazing mosaics. but the canadians weren't very sociable or nice. so my friends from my school and i basically hung around each other and ventured about the town and listened to peter tell us about every little thing. he knows everything. no joke.
that night i met my friend Michelle's parents. they took me out to dinner at the Goldenview- it's this restaurant right on the Arno that's on our meal plan (we get meal tickets to use at restaurants....it's really convenient).

Sunday- this day was a waste of day. it was the last sunny day i've seen and i spent it inside working on stuff. and i feel like i got nothing done. so stupid.

monday (aka yesterday)- class- painted at a piazza and got a lesson in art restoration by some italian couple who are in the business. they showed us how to put gold on frames. super cool. then i went back to my apartment and wrote a paper that was due today. end of story.

that leads me to today. i took a midterm today for Peter's class. it was super easy- i hope i did good. i dont want Peter to think he failed me if i did bad....

this weekend i go to Venice with my school (they set up the trip for all of us along with a trip to Rome in november). we'll be there friday night and saturday night. sidenote awesomeness: Peter's coming! hahaha i'm excited.

then next wednesday i head to Prague to see my friends that are staying there from Grove City. so free place to stay! yay! I'm super excited because a girl from my sorority studied there last fall and it'll be really nice to see where she was all that time.

va bene. é fine. arrivederci!
bacio!

1 comment:

  1. I want to see a photo of st. Peter, sounds like an interesting man......lemoncello yet?

    ReplyDelete